30.12.08

I'm Home!

And South America was awesome! The following cultural things I will try to bring back to Canada:
1) Mate - Argentina's answer to Canada's addiction, the large double-double, which I prefer over coffee
2) Greetings - in South America, people greet each other with a hug and a kiss on the cheek (TWO kisses in Brazil)
3) Openness - in South America, especially Argentina, people were SO nice to me, inviting me out with them for the weekend after just meeting them, setting me up to stay at their house with their family for a weekend, showing me around their hometowns, and just being really friendly, open people. I wanna be more like that.
4) There's more... I should've written it all down. Fuck it, whatever. Go for yourself. If you get the chance. It's cheaper than Europe or the UK. And much more interesting and friendly. Do it.

Hasta Luego! (Jeff, that's Spanish for "See you later")

No comments: