22.5.10

Interlude: Big Plans

So I'm finally doing it. The whole "quarter-life crisis" backpacking-through-Europe thing. Which is not an easy thing for me. I am great at making big plans - I have a lot more trouble seeing them through to the end. Even with school this past year, I'd have elaborate plans for a film project and then it would get toned down more and more from "elaborate" to finally arrive at "good enough".

Well not here - Gillian and I planned out a 5-week travel plan and we's gonna do it. We are still arranging places to stay at in certain locations, but we have things organised and, regardless, I need to be in Rome on June 21 in order to fly back home to a home I'm already homesick for to see people I already miss so much. So it would be very easy for me to say "Aaaaaccckk I can't do this!" and rush home and see friends and family and it'd be awesome and I'd have a lot of fun and feel good. But I would also be thinking "Damn I could have maybe..." And even now... But no, I'm doing this. And it helps that I have a good friend along for the ride with me. A good friend whom I'm sure wouldn't be too pleased if I just up and said "Peace".

So yeah... Europe ho!

No comments: